1. What is ECArTE?
ECArTE is a consortium of Universities, which was founded in 1991 and currently comprises 35 member institutions from 15 European countries. It is a non profit-making organisation. Its primary purpose is to represent and encourage the development of the Arts Therapies at a European level, in particular courses offering nationally validated and professionally recognised education for arts therapists. (The arts therapies include art therapy, dance-movement therapy, drama therapy and music therapy).
2. What is the aim of ECArTE?
- creating stronger European links in the Arts Therapies through the international exchange of staff and students
- promoting research into methods of Arts Therapies practice within Europe
- developing opportunities for international study in Arts Therapies training programmes
- promoting recognition of qualifications in the Arts Therapies at a European level
- supporting the development of appropriate, academically recognized, nationally validated Higher Education courses for the Arts Therapies
- publishing academic texts on current trends, philosophies and research in European arts therapies
- offering opportunities for professional communication at its international conferences.
3. How do I become a member of ECArTE?
ECArTE is a consortium of Universities. We therefore do not have individual members as such, but member institutions. The membership criteria and application forms can be found here (click here).
4. What is the purpose of ECArTE?
The primary purpose of ECArTE is to represent and encourage the development of the Arts Therapies at a European level; in particular courses offering nationally validated and professionally recognised education for Arts Therapists.
5. How can I be involved in ECArTE’s work?
One of ECArTE’s main activities is its biennial International conferences, which normally attract delegated from at least 30 countries from across the world. These conferences are open to everyone interested in the arts therapies and the related disciplines.
6. Which institutions are currently members of ECArTE?
Please follow the following link to the Directory of courses, or member institutions.
7. When and where is the next conference?
Please follow this link to the next ECArTE conference.
8. Can I publish through ECArTE?
ECArTE currently produces one publication every two years inspired by the conference theme.